Thursday, January 6, 2011

Who needs butter to bake?


I used to do a bit of baking before becoming vegan but I seriously have never tasted any cakes more delicious than those I've made (or just eaten) using no eggs, butter or milk. Vegan baking is amazing!

If in doubt, please PLEASE try making this one at home.

My fab friend A came over for pre Christmas drinks with a case full of alcohol that she kindly left behind. For some reason she thought I like a nip of Kahlua in my daily coffee so a bottle of the good stuff was amongst the booze. Seriously, Im not at that stage yet but I certainly didn't say no to free alcohol.

Once I found out Kahlua was vegan, I jumped online to find some delicious recipes. And this is what we got. 

The recipe:
Chocolate-Kahlua Birthday Cake…

Oh. Em. Gee. This cake is freaking amazing. So incredibly moist, not too dense and just the right amount of chocolate, coffee and liqueur.


I think I need another piece...

No comments:

Post a Comment